Wednesday, March 25, 2009

shhh I'm leaving let's make SOME NOISE!



the letter was post on NYTIMES titled "
Dear A.I.G., I Quit!" I think there is some major political jabbing behind all the media press. In one corner Uncle Sam... at the other CE* of AIG and there are minor characters of AIG have their own corner... maybe Tax payer doted the rest of the ring? I don't know if there is any win-win situation here. If we were to keep this fight up alot of people will get "hurt".

I'm not saying getting pay $1 and work 10, 12, 14 hours per day and got bonus (wait, do they really call this bonus if someone is paid by performance?) of $742,006.40 (after tax). I know I can not do Mr. DeSantis's job (nor can I run 40 y.d in 4.3 and catch ball to save my life) so I can't say much about the "bonus" or how it's structure...etc.. Businessweek has an interesting article "The Mindset of an AIG executive", it's a fun read. How do we know what is the mindset of anyone in this crazy market, Mr. DeSantis feels betrayed by his company. and the tax payer feels... perhaps the management @ AIG should have "manage" situation a little better.

One final thing... I don't think publicly posting the letter is such a good idea... burning bridge is never a good thing.

Here is his boss's interview titled "
Liddy on AIG's Long Road Ahead" this gives a different prospective.

No comments: