Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Netbean6 connect to my database

This is a new feature added to NB6. Some of developer will have a few application running while working with database and IDE. Can this feature replace the basic SQL query tool?

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/ide/mysql.html will give you a pretty good start and feel for this feature. Out of box I was able query data and even copy the row of data! But... but you can't edit the cell if you want to change say "Y" to a "N"... I know I can write query for that, but I am lazy ;)

Another thing I notice (with about 1 hours using this feature) it DISCONNECT from database!!!! Is there anyway to keep the connection alive? There gotta be an option to do this I keep on getting the error (see screen shot below) ... I had to first disconnect than connect again.


instead of keep on blogging I will try to see if I can found a solution to this problem and post the solution.

gotta run...

No comments: